I rant about the pointlessness of holiday shopping, why Twitter should be concerned Instagram has passed them in active users, how display advertising on the web is a complete fraud, and why you’ll always be safer in traditional yellow cabs than with Uber & Lyft drivers.
In addition, I share my first impressions of the new Workflow app on iOS, totally rip apart a “sharing economy” startup that wants you to fly with strangers’ belongings, ponder why anyone would find fun in giving random people wake-up calls, and I lambast the idiotic backers of a failed coffee brewer Kickstarter campaign.
Links from this episode:
- Workflow Review: Integrated Automation for iOS 8
- Twitter co-founder: ‘I don’t give a shit’ if Instagram has more users
- Taxi drivers are faster, less safe than Uber and Lyft counterparts
- Media ad buying has to look at itself in the mirror
- Kickstarter Project Finds Exciting New Way to Screw Its Backers
- This startup wants to pay you to fly with strangers’ stuff in your luggage
- Wakie, The Social Alarm Clock That Lets You Wake Up Strangers