I rant about how Microsoft’s HoloLens is still essentially vaporware, why Microsoft is intentionally positioning it as a work-related device and why making Windows 10 free won’t increase its adoption rate because both mainstream users & big corporate IT departments care more about stability than new features.
In addition, I break down Jeff Bezos & Elon Musk’s mid-life crisis, explain why PonoPlayer would only be useful for dogs, ridicule Blackberry’s desperate attempt to circumvent capitalism, and explore the real reason why Facebook is building an enterprise product.
Plus, I share the trials and tribulations of wedding planning.
Links from this episode:
- Microsoft HoloLens won’t be the next Google Glass
- Skeptical of HoloLens? It’s time to rewatch how Microsoft sold us on the Kinect
- Microsoft begs consumers for another chance with free Windows 10 upgrade
- Elon Musk and SpaceX Plan a Space Internet
- The Real Story Behind Jeff Bezos’s Fire Phone Debacle
- BlackBerry CEO Wants Legislators To Make Developing BlackBerry Apps Mandatory
- Don’t Buy What Neil Young Is Selling
- ‘Facebook at Work’ Launches So You Can Never Not Be on Facebook