I rant about the laughable quarterly earnings calls from the technology giants and why they should mean absolutely nothing to consumers, how those guinea pigs installing Apple’s OS X Yosemite beta need to reassess their lives, and why Facebook’s new ‘save’ feature is only for the truly masochistic.
In addition, I break down a Kickstarter campaign for a useless toilet paper monitor, explain why Comcast’s low-income internet service is so difficult to get, how one restaurant went to great lengths to find an excuse for their shitty service, and why being a rude driver actually makes getting places quicker for all of us.
Links from this episode:
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta
- Facebook announces Save, a new tool meant for absolutely no one
- RollScout™ – Go in peace!
- Comcast’s Internet for the poor too hard to sign up for
- Are Smartphones Ruining the Restaurant Experience?
- Don’t Blame The Customers!
- The beauty of zipper merging, or why you should drive ruder
- Grumpy Old Geeks #67: Wanted! 1000 Crazies Like Us
- Home Work #120: This Is What You Pay Me For
- Tech Douchebag T-Shirt