Ruining his chances of ever going back to a corporate job, Steve Faktor, former head of the American Express Chairman’s Innovation Fund and author of this shitty Wiley book, joins me to rant about fake altruism, our perverted concept of innovation, the warped need to publish your life and the humility of not giving a shit.
In addition, I explain why all video chat startups will fail, creating the most laborious sign-up process ever, web apps as public utilities and whether or not we will soon recoil back to physical activities to escape our digital lives.
Links from this episode:
- Why App.net is No Threat to Twitter
- Order pick up from local merchants on your iPhone or browser
- Airtime Bets Video Posts and Twitter Will Help It Take Off
- Rich Kids Of Instagram Gives Inside Look At Wealth And Excess
- Happiness Will Not Be Downloaded
- Putting An End To The Biggest Lie On The Internet