I rant about new publishing platforms, why their mission statements mean nothing, how once the mainstream media gets on-board that it’s all over for the ‘little guys’ and worst of all, how we the users stupidly get duped by them time and time again.
In addition, I quickly review Google Now for iOS, comment on the recent hands-on reviews of Google Glass, extol on the utter futility of regaining a supposedly “lost” humanity by spending a year without the internet, and rant about the haters who don’t understand what Kickstarter essentially is when lauding celebrity projects.
Links from this episode:
- The Company That’s Buying Up All the Key Pieces of the Online-News Ecosystem
- The Medium Compromise
- Guys Like This Could Kill Google Glass Before It Ever Gets Off the Ground
- Everything is Amazing and Robert Scoble is Happy
- Google Now on iOS is neither Google nor Now
- I’m still here: back online after a year without the internet
- Washington state slams T-Mobile for “deceptive ‘No-Contract’” ads
- Kickstarter abuse: Why are you giving your money to wealthy celebrities?