I rant about Amazon’s prototypical drones, Google’s response in building a retail robot army, UPS researching utilizing UAVs for delivery, and how this technological advancement is all just a financially motivated corporate battle to own the ‘last mile’ between a user and products or information they want.
In addition, I explain why Amazon’s two new original video series will fail due to Prime Instant Video’s confusing path of access, how replacing waiters with tablets introduces a whole new set of problems, and bemoan the fact that technologies always work perfectly in theory – that is until humans get involved.
Links from this episode:
- Amazon’s Delivery Drones Are Nonsense
- UPS researching delivery drones that could compete with Amazon
- Amazon Is Closer Than Ever to Running the U.S. Postal Service
- The Dangers of Free Shipping
- Amazon’s New Shows Alpha House and Betas Are Going To Fail
- Why aren’t Amazon and Hulu shows playing on Netflix’s level?
- Of Course Applebee’s Is Going to Replace Waiters With Tablets