I rant about the recent Tumblr acquisition, why the platform has not come anywhere close yet to being fully matured regardless of the perception by early adopter types, how it doesn’t make Yahoo “cool”, and why the majority of users frankly don’t give a damn who owns or makes the products they use.
In addition, I laud Microsoft’s half-ass attempt to spur Windows 8 adoption rates, explain why the XBox One will not be the device that owns the living room despite its lofty claim, expose the hypocritical perception that Google operates nefariously, and comment on the latest round of feminist bloggers attacking male comedians.
Links from this episode
- How Yahoo Will Wring $1.1B Out of Tumblr
- Marissa Mayer Has Already Made One Big Mistake With Tumblr
- Tumblr, you should have taken my money
- Microsoft Gives In To The Old Guard
- Windows isn’t a feature, it’s a liability
- Xbox One: Microsoft’s new console, Kinect, and a big bet on TV
- The Future Of Television Isn’t About the Hardware
- Why we can’t quite seem to make up our minds about Google
- Google, The Villain
- Facebook Should Not be in the Business of Censoring Speech, Even Hate Speech
- Feminst writer calls comedy clubs ‘dark basements full of angry men’